LibreOffice Is Locking Up My System

Linux Updates 4 U The Workshop Way Forums LibreOffice Is Locking Up My System

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      stamish

I can’t remember if I started having issues before or after I installed a used dual monitor video card with one VGA and one DVI-I plug!

I’m going to say my LibreOffice started locking up my system after I installed the new (used) Video Card!

Now when I select up text with the mouse to use the copy and paste feature my whole computer freezes up if I select to much text!

The only option I can come up with to temporarily fix the issue is to push the Power button for 3 seconds to shut the computer off!

I am about ready to purge and re-install the LibreOffice Suite!

My system is a 3.16 Ghtz Dual Core Dell! I have Ubuntu 14.04.3 lts installed.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

stamish

To fix this issue I went into the “System Settings” and opened the “Software & Updates” file!
      In the “Additional Drivers” Tab my system was using “Using X.Org X Server – Nouveau display driver from xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (open source)”

I then click the “using NVIDIA legacy binary driver – version 304.131 from nvidia-304-updates (proprietary)”. Then I clicked the “Apply Changes” Button!

I had to reboot for the changes to take effect!
      This seems to have fixed the issue!!!

If that didn’t fix the problem I was going to open a Terminal and do “sudo apt-get install nvidia-304” !

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.