Ubuntu makes the difference for Americans

Share Button
Ubuntu can change your life for the good!

Ubuntu can change your life for the good!

Ubuntu can be tricky to explain. The simplest way to describe Linux and Ubuntu 14.04.3 lts is “a treasure hidden in plane sight”!

98% of Americans use Windows and Mac on the computers leaving 2% of the desktop market for Linux!

Most Americans accept that 62% of cell phones are Android. But they don’t understand that Android Smart Phones and Tablets are run with the Linux Kernel!

Major Corporations all over American run their main computers with Windows and Mac operating Systems. They use Linux for things like payroll time clocks! I find this very interesting! When calculating payroll they use Linux.

So what makes Linux the next best thing, after sliced bread?

Well, for those that have always enjoyed high tech hobbies, whether we are talking about Astronomy, 2 and 3D Animation or writing a book, Ubuntu (and Linux) allows all of us to do this for free!

Especially relevant, for those earning a living that requires 65 hours a week to get by, or those making better money at a job they can’t stand, Linux and Ubuntu can be the spring board that launches them into a much higher pay scale. In addition, they will likely will find a much more secure career as well.

For those that are getting fed up with purchasing thousands of dollars worth of software every time Windows and Mac updates their operating systems Linux has a sweet little deal called “Open Source” and the Repositories! Furthermore, the Open Source community maintain thousands of software applications and those applications are offered to the world for Free through the Linux Repositories!

Also, for those of us that are fed up with Viruses, Malware and Trojans Linux and the Distributions (operating systems) update their systems in real time! Needless to say, Ubuntu users can insure their operating systems are secure by simply updating and upgrading their systems as often as they wish!

Ubuntu needs Americans take a serious look at Linux

That’s right, Linux based computers do not require anti-virus, malware and other insane software packages to keep your system safe! Enterprise Distribution are different!

Inside the Linux Workshop is a page tab named “Linux Demonstration Videos”! We have put together a complete demonstration video of several Linux Applications! Part 1 actually demonstrates several software Applications. Part 2 combines all the parts of the Part 1 video.

The Linux Demonstration Videos Part 2 walks you through the process of making a complete video, rendering it into a avi file, uploading it to Youtube and playing the video in Facebook!

These two demonstration videos demonstrate Gimp’s photo shop abilities. We use Synfig and Papagayo to make a 13 second cartoon with perfectly timed lipsyncing. I use music making software to record the guitar and harmonica for the video background music. We use video capture and editing software to make the actual videos.

When all is said and done the software required to do this on Windows and Mac based computers would run you $920 to $9,200! Using Ubuntu software from the Linux Repositories and the Open Source Community allows you to do all this and more for FREE!

Now we must discuss your part in this thing called Linux!

Linux offers two self paced on-line courses. The first is The Introduction to Linux and this cource is free. The second is the Certified Linux Administrator course! In addition, the Certified Linux Administrator course costs $500! Consequently, if you are creative you can get this done from $50 to $200.

In conclusion, you can learn quite a bit by exploring the Linux Workshop.

Save

Share Button
Summary
What is Ubuntu and what difference does it make to Americans
Article Name
What is Ubuntu and what difference does it make to Americans
Description
When all is said and done the software required to do this on Windows and Mac based computers would run you $920 to $9,200! Using Ubuntu, software from the Linux Repositories and the Open Source Community you can do all this and more for FREE!
Author
Americans Connected Inc